BASKET FILLING TAKE UP
Industrial model BFT-42-01 Basket Filling Take-up System
• Material: 1/4” to 3/4” flexible
• Baskets: 42” OD with a maximum height of 44” tall
• Speed: 200 to 800 FPM
Basket Fillers are the answer in many cases to packing and shipping cable in an inexpensive, reusable container where speed and shipping costs are important. Baskets are also preferred for paying out material for further processing, such as cut-to-length and respooling. The Reel Power Model BFT-42 is designed for ease of operation, and reliable, trouble-free take-up of your material.
Basket Fillers work on the rotating trunk principle that has the cable pushed through the distributor with its own belt wrap capstan which is speed coordinated with the speed of the trunk. As the cable is fed through the trunk at a given rate of speed, the trunk’s speed is slowly increased and decreased between two (2) adjustable points to achieve a weave of material from the ID tube in the basket to the inside edge of the basket OD, and by changing the ratio, will provide the desired lay of cable.Includes:
• Rigid, all steel welded heavy wall mechanical tubing.
• Mainframe constructed of channel and structural steel plate with support bracing.
• Four (4) leg support design.
• Top decks with anti-slip steel grated steel flooring and safety railing.
• Operator ladder on each side of the unit.
• Removable heavy gauge, formed sheet metal top deck drive enclosure.
• All mechanical components are easily accessible for periodic maintenance.
• Rolled and seam welded heavy gauge sheet metal spin trunk guard.
• Distribution trunk is dynamically balanced for the compound “S” shaped tube to deliver material to inside of head so that it fall in a series of directed loops.
• Main capstan sheave is a 16” diameter, reversing “V” belt design with heavy-duty idler sheaves.
Easily accessible operator control panel with group mounted controls consisting of:
• Main Power fusible disconnect with lockable handle
• Start/stop pushbutton.
• Master system speed control
• Trunk and hood speed control
• Digital line speed indicator (FPM).
• Allen-Bradley, PLC with digital control.
• 5 HP, AC Vector, 480VAC, 3-phase torque control main drive.
• 1 HP 480VAC, 3-phase AC VFD rotating trunk drive.
Optional Equipment and Features
Basket Load/Unload System – To assist with insertion and removal of the baskets. Includes tracks for the basket platform to ride on, dual basket platforms on wheels, air cylinder for loading/unloading the baskets and air control valves.