RD Series: Rim Drive
RD Series Rim Drive is smoother in acceleration and deceleration – “no popping”, reduces risk of damaging strands.Torque output is constant through all speed ranges.
Availability: In stock
No question found!
Our new “AC” drives deliver:
- Smoother acceleration and deceleration – “no popping”, reduces risk of damaging strands!
- Torque output is constant through all speed ranges.
- VFD speed control is more easily adjusted reducing service challenges!
- Lower ambient noise level than mechanically driven units!
- Footswitch can be “jogged” without tripping the drive – allowing for easy packaging of material.
- Dynamic braking of reel, reducing “over spin”.
- Lower maintenance, higher performance reliability – more “up” time, more production!
Choice of Drives Suited to Your Application
- 10HP to 25HP
- Yaskawa AC Vector VFD Drives Standard Reel Capacities
- RD5 16” to 84” diameter x 52” wide x 5,000 lbs.
- RD10 16” to 108” diameter x 60” wide x 10,000 lbs.
- RD15 16” to 120” diameter x 72” wide x 15,000 lbs. Take-Up Options
- Coiling Attachment
- Powered and Non-Powered Mobility Feature
- Predetermined Stop-to-Length Counters
- Coiler Guarding
Rim Drive Series is a fresh product in the market featuring new “AC” drives. Why Choose RD Series over others? The state-of-the-art technology employed in Rim Drive Series minimizes the risk of damaging strands and promoting smoother acceleration and deceleration of the machine. Moreover, the torque output is constant through all speed ranges. Rim Drive Series looks forward to reduce the manual service challenges by providing the VFD speed control adjustment more effortlessly and conveniently. That’s not all. This outstanding series allows dynamic braking of reels with lowered ambient noise level and no over spinning. It is a perfect piece for generating more production, boosting performance, enhancing the reliability and reducing maintenance.